Wednesday, September 2, 2009

US Open Sessions 1-5

Today was my last tennis session at US Open. Quy and I got our tickets in June[?]when the packages became available. We got the Opening Week packages. This lets you watch round 1 in Arthur Ashe stadium [3 day sessions and 2 night sessions].

Our seats were located in the Upper Promenade [almost the bleachers]. It was HAWT! I got sooo dark! I didn't burn...just tanned badly.
Food was EXPENSIVE. It was meh. They had restaurants at the USTA Tennis Center, but they were really expensive [an entree was $30]. You can't go wrong with foot-long hotdogs and waffle fries. They had a signature drink, Honey Deuce. It's a Grey Goose drink, with honeydew melon balls. Soooo goood.

We got see Roger Federer, Andy Roddick, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Venus and Serena Williams, Dinara Safina. They all played in Arthur Ashe Stadium. All really good tennis. It makes me want to play tennis again...competitive tennis. Watching them play is inspiring.
Gaaah! I love tennis!

Awesome tennis. Bad tans. Great 3 days.

No comments: