Sunday, August 5, 2012

Berlin 2

August 5, 2011 11:02 PM

I. Am. Tired. And quite possibly delirious hahahaha!

A suggestion by Chelsea's friend who lived in Berlin a few years ago was go on the fat tire bike tour of Potsdam. She said it's amazing.

So, we did the tour, not expecting major rain fall (weather forecast said thunderstorms in the afternoon). Oh there was rain. Lots of it. Biked around Potsdam in the fucking rain, wearing a plastic poncho that barely kept me dry. Soggy sand and wet cobblestones are definitely great surfaces to bike on. The only reason I kept going was to keep me warm (and I've paid for it already). My lower body is sore (and my arms for some strange reason) and walking up and down stars presents a challenge.

Aside from the rain, the tour was great. He took us around the parks and palaces around Potsdam and a micro brewery in the former part of the border between East Germany and West Berlin. Lentil soup never tasted better! Kept me warm (also the sun started to come up). Anyway, like I said, the tour was great. Potsdam looked very pretty and green...it's a cute little town. Also, the tour guide was hot. Always a plus.

No comments: