Wednesday, July 30, 2008

NO ONE MOURNS THE WICKED AT THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

2 musicals in 2 days. BEST TWO DAYS EVER!!!

The Phantom of the Opera:

OMG it was BEAUTIFUL. I already love the music, but it's so much more powerful live! I cried twice! hahaha! First time was during "All I Ask of You" [favorite song!] and then I cried again at the last song "Down Once More/Track Down This Murderer"

We sat the last row of the balcony, literally! But even from there, we could see the stage [we did use the binoculars they offered to see the faces of the actors].
The set was amazing! The stage looked smaller from high above, but it looked really pretty. I really love what they did with the pyrotechnics and fog machines and the speakers making you think that the phantom is everywhere!

The actors did very well, especially the Phantom and Raoul. I liked the girls playing Christine and Meg, but there very shrill voices kind of annoyed me a little bit [but it didn't really take away from anything...I think I'm just used to the movie soundtrack]

After the show, we went to the stage door really fast to get autographs! I got the lead actors' autographs! YAY ME!!! The actor playing Raoul is really really cute! hahaha...this is his West End debut and he's only 25! The actor playing the Phantom is good looking, too. He smelled like sexy man [like acqua di gio by armani].

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA = LOVE.

Wicked:

I've never read the book, but I have listened to the original broadway cast soundtrack and it's really good. I didn't really know much coming into the show, but I did know that it's another take of the Wizard of Oz.

THE SHOW WAS FANTASTIC! The cast was really great! The set was ...WOW! I loved how they used lighting and the giant puppets like the dragon and the "wizard"of oz. The flying monkeys looked creapy.

Again, I cried twice. I cried sometime in the first half...I forgot when [I think it was during "Defying Gravity"] and then again in the 2nd act during "For Good".
I cannot stress how AMAZING this show is! I wanna watch it again!


No comments: