Wednesday, August 13, 2008

At The End of the Day There's Another One Dawning

one of my life goals is now complete: I have finally seen LES MISERABLES!!!

IT WAS ...omg...beyond AMAZING! The cast is really really good. I really like the actor playing Valjean...he sounds Colm Wilkinson, the actor who played Valjean in the original London and Broadway cast and Anniversary Concert,but with a bit of an Irish accent [but his last name doesnt seem Irish]...and OMG! The actor playing Marius is really good and HOT!!! hahaha He's not Michael Ball, but he has a really amazing voice. Enjolras is hot too! Pretty much the actors playing the students are all hot! The lead actresses are really good as well...Fantine could have been a little been stronger, but she's still really good. I have high expectactions for Eponine and Fantine because of Lea Salonga...but I was not disappointed...YAY! The actress playing Eponine is cute hahaha.

Yes I did cry. OF COURSE I CRIED! hahahaha I started crying at "I Dreamed a Dream" and the water works were pretty much on and off the entire show haha. It's not the "tears running down my cheek" type of crying; it was more of a "tear drops falling" type of crying.

The set was really cool! The set rotates ...it's kinda hard to describe on a blog hahaha
It makes it seem like the actors are moving place to place with the rotating set, instead of pretending that they are moving from place to place.
I also liked how before explosions, jumping off bridges, etc. the actors movements are in slow motion...then goes into normal speed...it's REALLY COOOL!

The music is already amazing, but hearing it live is sooooo much better! I got shivers down my spine...especially when they sang "One Day More". I really loved Eponine's death scene...I didn't really know how to picture it in my head from listening to "A Little Fall of Rain" but now I can see it in my head and it makes it so much more sad. Fantine's death was just heart-breaking.

We sat in the very front row...literally [and only cost us 25 pounds each]. So we were right next to the orcestra pit [specifically, the drums]. The drummer was cute hahaha.
It was pretty cool being that close to the stage because you can see EVERYTHING! I know where the actors have their mics [it's on their heads, near the hair line and it's very small and blends with the make-up]...you can see them spit while they sing! It was great.

After the show, we [Ruhi, Margaret and I...I forgot to mention who I went with] went to the stage door to get autographs. Since it's a HUGE cast, we didnt get everyone, but we got the actors playing Eponine, Fantine, Cosette, Marius and Valjean [and those are ones I really wanted haha]. When we were getting autographs, I mentioned we were sitting in the very front, and the actor playing Marius asked me it I was the one singing along [YES I WAS!...well, lip syncing]
TEEHEEEHEEEE. He's really cute.

AHHH! SOOOOO HAPPPY!!!

No comments: