Sunday, August 17, 2008

Last Week in England

I'm home now. I got in to San Francisco at 8:30 last night. My flight from Houston to San Francisco was delayed a few hours because it was raining in Texas.
I am happy to be home but I really miss England. I wasn't ready to leave yet. I had enough money to last me another month! hahahaha

I still have 13 pounds in my wallet. I need to get that changed!

My last week in the UK went by too fast....

Thursday:
I was late for my Econ final because I got lost in the building where the final was being held. I'm kinda iffy about my final. I think I did OK. I finished in 35 minutes [multiple choice test with 50 minute time limit] but I didnt want to be the first one to turn in so I played games on my calculator [hahaha nerd].

We left for London around 1ish or something like that. On the way to the train station, I got a lamb shawarma.... mmmm lamb.
We went to Oxford Street [it's a major shopping street in London] and did some window shopping. I wanted to buy something from TopShop but CANNOT AFFORD! and the stuff on sale is just weird.
We finally had our afternoon tea [not cream tea, that's different] at Marks and Spencers. SO MUCH FOOD.

Ice Bar
the experience was worth it! The cover charge comes with a thermal parka with a hood [that makes everyone look good], gloves and a drink. Everything was made of ice except for the floor [that would be bad...]. I understand why there is a 40 minute limit to the bar...it's freakin' cold [-5 degress celcius] but it doesnt feel that cold because of the body heat from the other people and the bar is pretty small, so they cant shove as many people in there without melting the ice. The glass they gave us is pretty much a giant ice cube that's hollowed out. The bar is owned by Absolut so all the alcoholic drinks are vodka drinks.
I got this drink called Lazuli...sooooo GOOOD! Tastes like lychee!

I finally got my Wicked program signed! YAY! I have the entire main cast except for the actor who plays Fiyero [sad].

It really started hitting me that we were leaving when I was saying good-bye to Christina and Aurora. I started getting a little teary-eyed, but refused to cry.

Friday:
Our last Brighton day! Jeany, Margaret, Ruhi, Carolyn, Emily and I spent the entire day at Brighton. We walked around the North Laines and got our fudge....mmm.... best fudge ever! I dont know how I'm going to look at other fudge anymore.

I bought 3 books at Borders. I'm gonna buy more when I get home. [I still have books I havent finished at home!!!] I know, it's a problem...but I love books! YOU CAN'T STOP ME! hahaha
Besides, I like the UK covers better...US covers suck! OK, I'm gonna stop before this turns into a full-blown rant.

I got scarves for Mary and Jamie and Primark...I would post pictures but then it wouldn't be a surprise! haha

We finally had our time at the beach. We bought sandwiches at Marks and Spencers and broght them to the beach. HELLA PEOPLE! It was a really nice day though. The sun was out, very light breeze. After eating, we just laid out. I fell asleep hahahha!
The rocks at the beach were actually really comfortable. It's better than getting sand everywhere LOL.

We went to Donatello's for dinner. It's the place we all ate our first night out in Brighton. It was like a full circle kind of thing. I ordered the exact thing I had our first night.

Saturday:
I went to sleep at 2:30 and woke up at 4:00. Not fun. I couldn't go back to sleep so I started cleaning up my room and stuff.

Checked out around 6:00. Jeany and I got to Gatwick around 7ish and we had the hardest time finding our terminals. Someone who worked for Continental took me to the Continental counter.
My luggage was over-weight by 2 kilos [idk what that is in pounds hahaha], but the lady at the counter let it slide! She's so nice :D

My carry-on luggage was killing me...The plates I bought were all in there because I didnt want my check-in to be too heavy.

It felt weird being in a car again. I think I'm going to miss really efficient public transportation, but I am excited to drive again :D

I had Pho and boba for dinner after my dad picked me up from the airport. BEST FIRST MEAL EVER.
I am now doing laundry because I am out of clean clothes.

No comments: