Saturday, August 18, 2012

Berlin Day 13

August 16, 2012 11:36 PM

Today was...interesting.

We went on a tour of some of the bomb shelters and bunkers used during WW II. It was interesting to see, especially since these places were used completely over capacity--it was filled up to 4x the capacity.

We also had a tour of the Stasi prison used by the soviets. I don't even know what to think. It was a place where they brought people suspected of being spies, etc. and later people who tried to escape the east.

On Thursdays, most museums are open until 10 so, I started checking things off my list. First was Pergamon Museum. It was awesome! They had the Pergamon Altar and the Ishtar processional gate from Babylon. My complaint is that that museum needs some sort of ventilation because it was waaaaaaaaaay too hot.
The second Neue Museum. Better ventilation because they needed to protect the paintings. It has a good selection of art from classical to realism and impressionist. I'm just ping to say this: I don't care much for German realism. It's weird. Or I just don't care for its composition. But they did have other good art, too, so that wasn't a waste LOL

No comments: