Thursday, August 9, 2012

Berlin Day 6

August 9, 2012 11:26 PM

I've got to say, I am loving the styling European men...the dapper kind. And I've seen a lot of them here. I am loving the colored denim with the nice shoes (they look like wing tips)on guys.

Today we finished our look at social housing in Berlin. We saw houses designed by Bruno Taut in that they were designed with nature in mind. The apartments were designed around little park with a pond and the people in each unit would have a little plot of garden. The town houses have a little yard in the front and a nice yard in the back. The neighborhood is really nice. It's so different from other social housing projects (especially in the US) in which they just build housing blocks that have no regard for the needs of the people and become neglected and awful places to live in.

ALL THE LOLs!!! School picked Asian food for lunch. It's at a Chinese-Thai-Japanese place. It smells soooo goood! It is cheap though...Chinese food is typically cheap in Europe anyways. Except I'm not jonesing for Asian yet. I still want to try all the German things.

After class, we ventured over to Alexanderplatz to finally get a rain jacket. I'm ready for rain on a bike! Or rain in general lol. After that, Chelsea and I just explores the area and we ended up at the oldest part of Berlin...where the original city started. And we found a microbrewery by the river Spree that makes only 1 beer. And also had the house special: pork knuckle (same part as crispy Pata), sauerkraut, and pea purée (with bacon!). It's really good!!! It kinda tastes like corned beef, except pork. Mmmmm pork. Also had apple strudel with the vanilla sauce. It's good, but I still love the one from Salzburg...maybe I'll find one that I like here.

No comments: