Friday, July 15, 2011

Florence: Day 2

12:26 AM July 16,2011

Soooooo tired. Today was another good day. I didn't have to wake up early and the room was cold :)
Had cappuccino and a croissant. So European haha :)

Climbed up the Duomo of Santa Maria del Fiure (umm, I'm sure I spelled something wrong there hahaha). The climb was scary, especially getting to the top where the stairs got narrower and steeper. But the climb is worth it. The view is gorgeous! 360 view of Firenze and it's surroundings. I didn't want to leave! The climb back down wasn't that bad, except for the spiral staircase part...that freaked me out and I got dizzy afterwards.

After the Duomo, we went to the Accademia Gallery. It was a lot of medieval paintings and some renaissance paintings, marble statues...and of course, Michelangelo's David. That statue was beautiful...he can be my boyfriend hahahaha!!! I was underwhelmed with everything else. It was cool, but the main thing here was David. I wish we had time to go to the Ufizzi Gallery...many of the famous renaissance paintings are there, including Bottocello's Birth of Venus. Oh well :/

I need to get a Florence plate!!!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: