Monday, July 25, 2011

Rome Day 18

12:30 AM July 26, 2011

Got back from Milan yesterday. Flight was at 7 and airport was 1 hour away so I was up starting 3 AM

For those who think I'm just running around Italy and not studying, let me say that that is not true.

What school work am I exactly doing in Rome? It's rather difficult to explain exactly what I'm studying. We are studying the baroque and it affects the urban fabric and how it affects the contemporary urban fabric. Specifically, I am studying Chiesa Sant'Andrea al Quirinale by Bernini and how the void becomes a voluminous space that is carved out from the poché. Can I explain that to you? Not really, not yet anyway.
Basically, we are analyzing and diagramming our assigned buildings. From this analysis, we create a 3D object that is a representation of the diagram.

See! School work!

Anyway, yesterday I spent all day working on my project, not knowing exactly what I was doing (happens all the time). I finally got to present my building. Got feedback from our professors and they guided me to the direction I wanted to take for my project. Now that I know what it's about, I just need to figure out how to do it. I need to redo some stuff but I think I'll be ok.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: