Thursday, July 21, 2011

Milano Day 1

1:39 AM July 22, 2011

I'm upset at how this trip is turning out. We got to Milan last night (cheapest flight out of Rome because trains are expensive). The airport is far from Milan--it's the old airport so it's outside the city. Our flight was 40 minutes...the bus that took us to Milan was 1 hour. That should have been a sign for things to come.

Today we visited the architecture firm of Steffano Boeri. They gave us a presentation on their new project the 2015 World Exhibition in Milan. I was really interested because it was a landscape master plan using sustainability as a driver.

It went downhill after that. We were on our way to visit our sister school here in Milan called NABA (it's an art school) but got lost because we got confused when we got off the metro station. What should have taken 10 minutes took an hour. The school was supposed to show us around Milan, they sent us an exchange student who was a fashion major who knew nothing about architecture. She was a sweet girl but she just showed us where their students hang out. What she was telling us had no relevance to architecture whatsoever. We walked from the school go the city center and that took a while.

Once we hot back to the city center, I found my friends who broke away from the group earlier on and I just went with them. I was (still am) really upset that we pretty much wasted our day. I got so upset I had a break down in front of Prada Louis Vuitton. That's the classiest breakdown I've ever had.

We were invited to go to a museum for cocktails and food, but when we got there it was almost over and there were tons of Mosquitos. Since we were out, we decided to go have drinks and dinner. Got the drinks, tried to look for a place to eat, but many of the places area we were in were closed. I don't know how, but someone in the group asked a street vendor where to eat, he walked us in circles to a bar/pub that served shitty food. So far, Milan is pissing me off. Everyone is disappointed.

Also, there is a transportation strike tomorrow.

I just want to enjoy Milan.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: