Saturday, July 9, 2011

Rome: Day 2

Friday, 1:07 AM

Good news everyone! The kitchens stoves work!!! A few of us stayed home, made dinner and now having a movie night. I refuse to eat out ALL the time...that's way to expensive to do so for 4 weeks.

Finally got to go to the supermarket. It's called Oviesse (I think). It's just a short from our place. The place reminded me of Marks and Spencers...sells clothes on the ground floor and groceries down stairs. I like grocery shopping in Europe--you don't buy too much (no preservatives) and I feel like I'm a local (sort of).

Walked around Trastevere today. Got to see Santa Maria in Trastevere. I don't know how I would describe it... Walked around the narrow streets and I really felt like I'm in Rome.

GELATO. Crema Catalana flavor. I die. That's all I have to say about that.

We were going to the coliseum, but we started getting hungry so we stopped at this place called Bar Bella next to the river. €10 for 3 courses (bruschetta, pizza, dessert and a drink). I got the olive pate bruschetta, mushroom pizza and panna cotta for dessert. The pizza was bigger 2x the size of my face! Panna cotta was yuumm! It was raspberry :D

Too much sun. Past out while watching Torchwood (finished it when I woke up).

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: